Thursday, May 31, 2012

Zucchini and Mushroom Crustless Quiche



Zucchini and Mushroom Crustless Quiche


I've decided to dive into the world of baking through instructions rather than pay money for a class to learn the basics. I've still got my eye on the cooking classes at Le Cordon Bleu's Masterchef classes at Boston, will be fun to learn something decadent or difficult. But the basics of baking - quiches, pies, pastries, muffins et al, I plan to learn on my own.

My first effort at baking a dish from scratch - my very own crustless quiche that I spent a very happy hour preparing and another 50 minutes baking.



Pinterest helped me gather the recipes I was most willing to try and this looked relatively easy to follow: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/zucchini-and-goat-cheese-crustless-quiche-recipe/index.html

Of course, my kitchen did not have everything as desired - I substituted feta for the montrachet and used a combination of zucchini and mushroom to make up the amount for this recipe as I didn't have enough zucchini on hand. The result wasn't bad at all - I loved biting into a piece of mushroom every now and then. The next step for me in making quiches is to make individual mini quiches in the muffin pan but I suspect will need a finer shredded goat cheese rather than feta crumbles.

Do you remember the recipe you used when baking for the very first time?

No comments:

Post a Comment