Monday, June 4, 2012

Tilapia Milanese

Tilapia Milanese with Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream


It was my first time cooking Tilapia so I chose a recipe from the Food Network's extensive online collection of recipes. Summer here is probably not a great time to heat up the stoves and the oven but this dish was so worth the effort. It took a mere 8 minutes to bake and the process was a little scary for a novice like me but worth every little harried moment.

Don't you agree? We paired this meal with a Chardonnay and I made a Lime-Cilantro Sour Cream sauce - very easy - to go with the fish instead of heavy tartar sauce. In the recipe, they just made a side of simple arugula salad and lemon wedges but my love of sour cream inspired me to try out this combination. It was great!



The dinner concluded with a summery desert - a bowl of chopped strawberries and bananas drizzled with honey and topped with whipped cream. A great ending to the weekend and a positive beginning for the new week that was to follow.

Go here for the recipes:

Tilapia Milanese

Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment